RRR Movie Reviews
- Parent Category: Blog
- Published on Thursday, April 19 2012 08:00
- Written by RRR
This is JeeJa's sophomore movie. Her first movie was Chocolate.
I really enjoyed her previous movie and had very high hopes for her career. She didn't disappoint me. With that being said, this movie doesn't have the strongest story line. It’s almost like someone choreographed the fight sequences first and thought about how to link them together into a movie afterwards. Luckily the backstories of some of the characters are nicely fleshed out. The flashback scenes tell a better story then the present day scenes. Without the flashback scenes the movie would be little more than just a fighting compilation movie with mostly uninteresting skits linking the scenes.
Like most movies there are three acts and additionally it follows the standard hero(ine) sequence.
- Act 1 our hero(ine) is a victim/innocent
- Act 2 our hero(ine) is trained/transformed
- Act 3 our hero(ine) is a champion/protector
- Raging Phoenix is an action movie.
- Deu (Jeeja) goes out drinking and is kind napped by a gang.
- Deu escapes her captures through their incompetence.
- Deu is rescued by a stranger when another branch of the gang tries to reacquire her.
- Our stranger takes Deu back to his hide out.
- Deu meets Dogshit and Pigshit the strangers’ friends.
- The gang attacks again so Dogshit, Pigshit, and the stranger (Sanim) kick ass drunken style.
- The Sanim, Dogshit, and Pigshit begin training Deu in the art of drunken style.
- During training backstories are shared and a possible romance begins to bud between Deu and Sanim
- Deu, Sanim, Dogshit and Pigshit all have a common enemy. The Jaguar gang.
- Deu does some vigilante action which pisses off her comrades'.
- The gang is attacked and appears to be killed by an unknown enemy.
- Deu is unable to avenge her fallen comrades, but survives the battle.
- Deu has failed a final test from her comrades. Sanim wrote Deu a Dear John letter detailing.
- The unknown enemy is really the drunken style master Bullshit
- Bullshit recruited and taught her comrades drunken style.
- All four of them were using her to take revenge on the Jaguar gang.
- They tracked her and let her get kidnapped as bait instead of protecting her.
- Deu challenges Bullshit to another battle to prove she is worthy.
- Deu willingly acts as bait to find the Jaguar gang.
- Deu is captured as planned, but the tracking and rescue had a few snags.
- Boss battles with the Jaguar Boss (famed female bodybuilder Roongtawan Jindasing) and her top Lieutenants ensue.
Don't want to spoil the ending. Just watch the movie and enjoy.
Final thought: Two words - Drunken Style.
Why the 5-star rating? The fighting sequences were really strong especially near the end and made up for the weak plot.